birding-aus

RE: Ultra-sonic call of WT Nightjar

To: "'ozbird'" <>
Subject: RE: Ultra-sonic call of WT Nightjar
From: "Conole, Lawrie" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:34:42 +1000
I'm not sure if you all recall the thread about birds & ultrasound, or
even if you care(!), but a friend has tracked down the tape with the
putative nightjar ultrasound on it, & I should have it soon.  I will
report on it to the list after I've analysed the tape.  The identity of
the nightjar seems to have been transformed during the correspondence
between various parties - the first mention suggested Owlet-nightjar,
but that became White-throated Nightjar by the time it reached
Birding-Aus.  More soon.

Lawrie Conole
2/45 Virginia Street
Newtown 3220 Victoria