birding-aus

Re: re the Portland Pelagic and Bulwer's Petrels

To: "TPALLISE.AU.ORACLE.COM" <>
Subject: Re: re the Portland Pelagic and Bulwer's Petrels
From: Philip M Hansbro <>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 10:49:03 +0100 (BST)

Dr Phil Hansbro          I      Tel: (h) 01223 514441   or
Dept of Pathology        I               01223 514434
Tennis Court Road        I           (w) 01223 333545
Cambridge University     I      Fax:     01223 333346
Cambridge CB2 1QP        I
UK                       I      Email:
Tony
As you know I would presume that the very severe El Nino event that is
going on this year has something to do with it.
Also unusual water tempertures whatever they are whether high or low
usually seem to turn up rare birds and cetaceans.
Cheers
Phil.