birding-aus

bird help

Subject: bird help
From: Harriette Phelps <>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 14:45:33 -0500
Hi, I am a new and amateur birder here and I saw a black-and-white one
today that I couldn't identify but it must be common as it was so calm and
relaxed, walking around picking up insects and acting somewhat like a
thrush on the Sydney University campus.  It had a white forehead and chest
with a nice black side chest mark curving ahead of the wing, and a white
bill, black legs. Also, can anyone recommend a bird guide to New Guinea?  I
am enjoying the different birds here!

                Cheers,         Harriette

Harriette L. Phelps
Department of Anatomy and Histology F13