birding-aus

Bush Stone-Curlews

To: <>
Subject: Bush Stone-Curlews
From: "Christina Freestone" <>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 97 14:15:24 VUT
Dear Birding-Aussers

We've just acquired a 300 acre property, which has a covenanted bush block
of about 120 acres, in Pomonal, bordering the southern part of the
Grampians National Park in Victoria.  I've been gradually doing a survey
of the birds on our place and without really trying have so far come up
with about 50 species.  3 weeks ago it was with great excitement that I
spotted 4 Bush Stone-Curlews and have seen them in the same area twice
since.  Unfortunately I haven't had a good opportunity to observe them
closely but I'm hoping they're priming themselves for breeding, and that
they'll stick around for a while.

Cheers
Christy Freestone
Melbourne Australia