birding-aus

Re: CRESTED HAWKS AT SHANES PARK (WESTERN SYDNEY) JULY 1997

Subject: Re: CRESTED HAWKS AT SHANES PARK (WESTERN SYDNEY) JULY 1997
From: "TPALLISE.AU.ORACLE.COM" <>
Date: 28 Jul 97 09:32:04 +1000
Edwin,
I was out they way myself yesterday, well I did little birding at the
Castlereagh Nature Reserve and then went on to Mason Park.
Highlights included:

Castlereagh NR

Brown-headed Honeyeater  30+
White-winged Chough 1

Mitchell Park

Gang-gang Cockatoo 2
Peaceful Dove 4-5

and 3 Peregrine Falcon at the Windsor Turf Farm

BTW
I did see a pair of Pacific Baza close to the Township of Greendale
Western Sydney this time last year perhaps they are now regular in
the Winter Months in the Western Suburbs.  Square-tailed Kite is high
on the Sydney wish list though.

Regards
Tony Palliser  (.....Sydney, Australia)
Phone.....+61 2 9900 1678 or Home +61 2 9427 7563
Fax.......+61 2 9900 1669