birding-aus

RE: Birding chicken factories

To: "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: RE: Birding chicken factories
From: "Osborn, Paul PR" <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 08:54:56 +1000
One wonders what the effects of large scale consumption of chicken meat
is doing to the raptors, given the recent reports of diseases in
Penguins living near Antarctic bases as a result of eating chicken
scraps. I don't know what the situation is in America, but poultry feed
in many countries is full of antibiotics and hormones and some of these
could be getting into the raptor population, with (probably) unknown
effects. Have any studies been made of these chicken-eating raptors?
Paul Osborn