birding-aus

Peregrine falcon

Subject: Peregrine falcon
From: Ian hamilton Matthews <>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 1997 10:44:41 +1100
In the past six years I have visited our local patch at Deep Creek
,Narrabeen Lakes regularly but had only caught glimpses of a peregrine
falcon on two occasions -both while the bird was in flight.
Yesterday was a real treat,however,as we were able to study the bird for
quite a while as it sat perched on the die back branches of a gum tree
on a ridge not far away.
My only regret was having left the scope in the car.Isn't that always
the case ?

Ian Matthews
Sydney
We would have missed the opportunity but for the sound of a couple of
noisy miners making half-hearted attempts to harass the bird.