birding-aus

Pale Yellow Robin ID

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Pale Yellow Robin ID
From: Robert Quinan <>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 11:49:52 +1000
Hi all.

I have an identification question.  When in Queensland recently, I
observed what I'm pretty sure was a pale yellow robin, but I didn't get
a good look at it.  Can anyone tell me if the rump being the same colour
as the back (not yellow) is sufficient for a positive ID. It perched
briefly on the trunk of a tree and I only got a very quick glimpse of
the face. I thought I saw the white face but I'm not sure. I did get a
good look at the back and the rump was definitely not the bright yellow
of the eastern yellow robins in the same area or the duller yellow of
those further south.

Reading tells me it must have been the PYR but I'm not 100% convinced.
If someone can answer my question I would appreciate it since this will
be a tick if it was a PYR.

TIA.

--
Rob Quinan