birding-aus

[Fwd: Re: Leech Socks]

Subject: [Fwd: Re: Leech Socks]
From: Susan Myers <>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:32:26 +1100
--- Begin Message ---
To: "TPALLISE.AU.ORACLE.COM" <>
Subject: Re: Leech Socks
From: Susan Myers <>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:29:34 +1100
TPALLISE.AU.ORACLE.COM wrote:

> Does anyone know where one can purchase a pair (or in my case 3 pairs) of
> leech socks from?  I know they are invaluable in asian rain forests and I
> for one would go a long way out of my way to own a pair, but where do you
> get them?
Ah..the mythical leech-proof socks! We did in fact meet some English
strollers in Malaysia who claimed to own some of these,so we grilled
them on the subject as they sound absolutely fascinating. They seem to
be little more than plastic bags with rubber bands that you stick on
your feet.Personally I'd prefer the leeches-I could live without the
scars but they're better than foot rot!I believe you can buy them in
Kuala Lumpur but I don't know where,I'm pretty sure you can't buy them
in Melbourne although Army Disposals may stock them. Sorry I'm not much
help...
Susan Myers

--- End Message ---