birding-aus

Re: Easter

To: R D Woodford <>
Subject: Re: Easter
From: Lawrie Conole <>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 09:18:13 +1000 (EET)
On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, R D Woodford wrote:

> we have some competitions (for fun only!) or challenges?  Are there
> special projects we can join or initiate to help a few birds?  Let's
> have some ideas to keep things moving as we approach Easter.

Speaking of Easter ..... last year we had a half-baked attempt to round up
some Ozbirders for an Easter camp; it didn't happen.  Doubtless many folks
will be going bush with their respective clubs/societies/friends, but
there may be a few strays interested in going to Terrick Terrick State
Park, between Bendigo and Kerang in the Victorian Riverina region.  Give
me a call/email if you're interested.  Terrick Terrick is mostly native
pine forest with some box forest, and has a mixture of dry country and box
forest birds (Red-capped Robin, White-browed Babbler, Mallee Ringneck,
Plainswanderer, Black-faced Woodswallow, Cockatiel ..... and so on).

  Lawrie Conole                 Newsletter Editor
  2/45 Virginia Street          The Australasian Bat Society
  Newtown 3220                  ph BH           (03) 9669 9732
  Victoria                      fax             (03) 9663 3669
  AUSTRALIA                     ph AH           (03) 5229 4037
                                ph MOBILE       (0419) 588 993