birding-aus

On the Web

Subject: On the Web
From: R D Woodford <>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:50:46 +1100
A couple of newish birding sites have appeared on the web and they are
CERTAINLY worth a look...

Niven McCrie's Birds of Darwin (and nearby islands belonging to a
country I don't usually mention due to their difficulty treating some of
their people fairly) is an EXCELLENT SITE with some very helpful local
info for finding birds.  This is a great site for any potential Web
developer to explore!  Congratulations, Niven, and please accept my
apologies for slinging off at our northern neighbours.

Tania Ireton, another regular birding-aus contributor, has put up a site
for BAYBOCA - the Bayside BOCA group - at
http://www.cohsoft.com.au/bayboca/

The RAOU's virtual emu is looking better and better at
http://www.vicnet.net.au/~raou/raou.html

I've made a few tiny changes to the BIRDING-AUS pages at
http://www.deakin.edu.au/~russwood/

There are new CONSERVATION links and an update (sadly) for Point
Lillias:                   http://www.deakin.edu.au/~russwood/conserv.html

Now that we can do our Footy Tipping and Dream Teams via the Web (I
won't waste space with those addresses!) perhaps we should be making the
birding-aus site more interactive.  Please send me your ideas.  Should
we have some competitions (for fun only!) or challenges?  Are there
special projects we can join or initiate to help a few birds?  Let's
have some ideas to keep things moving as we approach Easter.

Bye and happy birding

Russell Woodford