birding-aus

Canberra/Australia Day Weekend

To: <>
Subject: Canberra/Australia Day Weekend
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 97 7:54:15 +60000
I'm visiting Canberra for the Australia Day Weekend.  Does Canberra
Ornithologists Group have any field days on 25, 26 or 27 January that I could
join please?

I was thinking of chasing Superb Parrots on that weekend and have retained
Shane Raidal's email about a spot on the Gum-tree lane near Yass.  Will Superb
Parrots still be around at the end of January?  Any other spots for seeing
them?

I'd also appreciate suggestions of spots to see Freckled Duck, Little
Button-Quail, Spotted Quail-Thrush, Black-Eared Cuckoo, Ground Cuckoo-Shrike,
Painted Honeyeater and Lewin's Rail.  Otherwise I will just happily birdwatch
in general and would appreciate suggestions of the places to visit on a three
day public holiday weekend (would prefer quieter places if possible, rather
than madly popular picnic spots).

Happy Birding
Irene Denton
Sydney    NSW