birding-aus

BIRDLINE NSW - update 17.12.96

Subject: BIRDLINE NSW - update 17.12.96
From: "Chris Gladwin" <>
Date: 17 Dec 1996 09:49:09 GMT

     Firstly, my email access is getting increasingly dodgy.  I have been
     off-line since 5th December.  You may not have received an update since
     then - despite me trying.  My company's computer is suffering from severe
     overload.  If anyone has tried to email me since 5th, please resend.

     The 2 Oriental Praticoles at Pittown Lagoon, Windsor are still present
     - on the north west edge in long grass near a casuarina tree.  You
     have to wade through water.

     Other highlights in NSW over the last couple of weeks are as follows:

     BLACK BITTERN      1 Mitchell Park, Cattai 8/12
     PLAINS WANDERER    6 Conargo, Deniliquin 7/12
     BUFF-BANDED RAIL   9 (including 5 chicks in two groups) Sydney
                        Botanical Gardens 8/12
     INLAND DOTTEREL    1 ad + 2 imm Hay 14/12
     BANDED LAPWING     70 Hay 14/12
     WOOD SANDPIPER     1 Bushell's Lagoon (eastern offshoot), Windsor 8/12
     RED-NECKED AVOCET  800 Kooragang Island, Newcastle 30/11
     WHITE-WINGED BLACK TERN    2 Pittown Lagoon, Windsor 8/12
     GLOSSY BLACK COCKATOO      1 Glen Davis 7/12
     CHANNEL-BILLED CUCKOO      1 imm Mosman 28/11 and 1 imm Cumberland
                                S.F., Sydney 8/12
     BLACK-EARED CUCKOO 1 Glen Davis 7/12
     PAINTED HONEYEATER 10 (including imm) Glen Davis 7/12
     REGENT HONEYEATER  3 (including imm.) Glen Davis 7/12
     PLUM-HEADED FINCH  6 Glen Davis 7/12

     Chris Gladwin
     Sydney, Australia

     BIRDLINE NSW (02) 9290 1778 - sponsored by RAOU