birding-aus

Waders

Subject: Waders
From: Rafael Furniss <>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 13:27:43 +1000 (EST)
On Fri, 8 Sep 1995, Russell Woodford wrote:

> Has anyone noticed any big wader movements yet?
>
> Russell Woodford

I haven't seen large numbers of waders yet, but I guess they'll build up.
In the last week I've seen Mongolian Sand-Plover (1), Red-capped
Plover(4), Black-fronted Dotterel (c.6), Black-tailed Godwit (c.10),
Latham's Snipe (1), Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (c.60) with Curlew Sandpiper
(2-3), Common Greenshank (c.6), Pied Oystercatcher (1), Pacific Heron (3),
Australian Pratincole (3) and the usual Black Swans, Magpie Geese, egrets,
ibises, spoonbills.

Whoops! Forgot Whimbrel (3), Eastern Curlew (6), and Little Curlew (1).

Probably see more of everything at the Cleveland Bay Treatment Works.

Cheers,

Rafael