BBC Radio 4 Archive Hour

To: <>
Subject: BBC Radio 4 Archive Hour
From: "Tipp, Cheryl" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:49:35 +0000

Dear all,

If anybody can help BBC producer Hilary Dunn with the request listed below, please contact her directly at hilary.dunn(at)bbc.co.uk:

Many thanks

Cheryl Tipp

Curator, Natural Sounds

Sound and Vision
The British Library
96 Euston Road
London
NWI 2DB, UK.

m("bl.uk","cheryl.tipp");" title="">m("bl.uk","cheryl.tipp");">

+44 (0)20-7412-7403

www.bl.uk

www.bl.uk/soundarchive

Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/CherylTipp

Dear Bioacousticians

I am a BBC Radio Producer reasearching a proposal for the Archive Hour for BBC Radio 4 featuring the work of bioacousticians both professional and amateur.  I am wanting to find information about the latest research and the work that has been done in the following areas and wonder if you could help me?

The impact of human intervention on the acoustic environment and how many recordings are available that demonstrate a before and after in terms of a sound picture.

The importance of a change in the acoustic environment on animals i.e. how much is understood about the relationship between animals and their acoustic environment as well as the effect of man made sounds on animals.

The practical applications of bioacoustics demonstrable through sounds recordings on understanding biodiversity, wildlife monitoring etc.

I am particularly wanting to find before and after recordings of environments that have changed aurally as a result of man made intervention.

I would be very grateful for any assistance.

Best wishes

Hilary Dunn

Producer, BBC Radio Arts

Mobile: 07931561991