In response to the growing demand for SM2BAT+ and EM3 training, Wildlife Acoustics will be offering hands-on training courses at the following locations and dates:
Mammoth Cave Park, Kentucky, United States
- Tuesday, March 26 (8:30 AM) to Thursday, March 28 (12:00 noon)
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
- Thursday, April 4 (around 7:00 PM) to Saturday, April 6 (8:00 PM)
San Jose, Costa Rica
- Friday, August 9 (around 9:00 AM) to Sunday, August 11 (4:00 PM)
Led by Dr. Cori Lausen, the course provides a background on the principles of bat echolocation, offers hands-on experience with the SM2BAT+ and EM3, and opens discussion about the various software components for configuration and analysis. The course will also include an evening bat event.
Participants will learn how to use the following software associated with the Wildlife Acoustics equipment:
- Song Meter Configuration Utility
- Analysis Of Acoustic Recordings
- How to convert data from the SM2BAT+ to meet analysis needs – full spectrum vs. zero crossing options, and advantages and disadvantages of analyzing in each format.
- How to analyze data in SonoBat.
- How to analyze data in AnaLook.
Cost is $950
Further details are available at: http://www.wildlifeacoustics.com/training
Wildlife Acoustics, Inc.
+1-978-369-5225, ext 504