please post to list

To: <>
Subject: please post to list
From: Erica Staaterman <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:08:00 +0100
Hello there,

I am wondering if you'd be willing to post the following announcement in Bioacoustics-L? It is pertinent to marine scientists, and I know there are many on your list!

Many thanks,
Erica

The Beneath the Waves Film Festival is now open for submissions!

The Beneath the Waves Film Fest is a unique marine science and conservation film fest, which is now in its 4
th year. We have solicited and screened hundreds of films from around the world to both scientific and public audiences. With a goal of communicating stories of marine research and ocean conservation to a wide audience, we cater to filmmakers of all backgrounds and skill levels: students, amateurs, and professionals.

We are currently open for submissions for 2013, and the deadline to submit is February 1, 2013. Our flagship event takes place on March 22-23 in Savannah, Georgia in conjunction with the Benthic Ecology Meeting. In addition to this event, we have a series of mini-festivals planned worldwide in 2013, which provide additional venues for film exhibition and public engagement.

Please find more details on our festival, instructions on how to submit, and examples from previous festivals at our official homepage: www.beneaththewavesfilmfest.org

For questions please do not hesitate to contact us: Erica Staaterman, co-director: