RE: A cicada sound...underwater?

To: "" <>
Subject: RE: A cicada sound...underwater?
From: "Piercy, Julius J B" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:43:00 +0000
Dear all,

A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this query. The response was
fantastic with great suggestions, theories and ideas from everyone. The jury is
still out in regards to the identity of the animal producing this sound with
the water boatsman (Corixidae family) being the favourite so far. I am hoping
to receive some cenote survey data soon to see whether this can be confirmed
and perhaps put a species name to it.

Some extremely experienced people still have their doubts on it being a water
boatsman however, so any other ideas or suggestions are still hugely welcomed!

Again thank you to everyone for the great response,

Yours sincerely

Julius Piercy

PhD Marine Biology candidate
Department of Biological Sciences