Hi-MD recorder

Subject: Hi-MD recorder
From: Mei-Ling Bai <>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 22:26:47 +0800
Dear bioacoustics-l members,

Our old R-DAT machine is out of order, and we are searching for
alternatives. I am studying song birds in the tropical forest,
therefore portability is an issue. Are the Hi-MD recorders adequate
for scientific sonogram analysis? I am overwhelmed by the diverse SONY
Hi-MD products. Could someone share some experience? Any suggestion is
deeply appreciated.

Elisabeth Bai