any simple player with sampling frequency 96 kHz or higher?

Subject: any simple player with sampling frequency 96 kHz or higher?
From: Ryuji Suzuki <>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:08:59 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

I know this type of question is very common and people may be
getting sick of it. I use Roland/Edirol R-1 and R-4 (4 channel,
96 kHz) and I'm quite satisfied with R-4.

However, I also need ANOTHER device with:

* sampling frequency of 96 kHz or higher
* ability to play back wav files

Other modest specs required:

* 16 bit quantization is sufficient
* good SNR for playback signal (90 dB or better)
* reasonable anti-aliasing filter (or ideally I want to skip it)
* reasonably compact
* recording spec is irrelevant (used only as a playback device)

Does anyone know of such a product?

I tested R-1 as a playback device, but because of the anti-aliasing
filter used for the playback, it distorts the waveform (which
contains abrupt transitions). A higher sampling frequency would solve
this problem.

Thanks!

Ryuji Suzuki