new Bioacoustics-L email software

Subject: new Bioacoustics-L email software
From: Dave Mellinger <>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:31:50 -0700
The computer support group at Cornell has moved our list, Bioacoustics-L, to a
new email system called Lyris.  This probably won't affect you much.

THE SHORT STORY
- Continue posting messages to  as you always did.
- To join or leave the list, the commands are now different.
- To send a message to the list manager (me), address it to .

THE LONG STORY
- To get more information about Lyris, including information on customizing your subscription to Bioacoustics-L, see this web site:

     http://www.cit.cornell.edu/computer/elist/lyris/user-index.html

- To leave Bioacoustics-L (unsubscribe from it), send a message to with message contents of

     leave Bioacoustics-L

- To join Bioacoustics-L (subscribe to it), send a message to with message contents of

     join Bioacoustics-L "Albert Einstein"

 with of course your name substituted for Albert Einstein's.  The
 double-quote marks in this message contents line ARE necessary.

Please let me know if there are any problems.

Dave

Bioacoustics-L list manager