RE: equipment - digital recorders

To: <>
Subject: RE: equipment - digital recorders
From: "Steve Simpson" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:13:02 EDT
Just a quick note on the Edirol R! - I dropped one in the sea in Oman, and
completely flooded it.  Then, after a few hours in freshwater, dried it in
the sun.  The next day turned it on, and to our amazement, it worked like
new.  If that is not living up to life in the tropics, I don't know what is!

Cheers,
Steve

Dr Stephen D. Simpson
Tropical Fish Ecologist, University of Edinburgh
Ashworth 2, Kings Buildings, EH9 3JT, UK

Tel: +44 131 651 3637; Mob: +44 7900551883

<http://www.biology.ed.ac.uk/research/institutes/evolution/homepage.php?id=s
simpson> IEB website; Cognition
<http://cognition.icapb.ed.ac.uk/index.php?page=s/3/researchfellows/steve%20
simpson.html>  Website; Fax: +44 131 650 6564