connecting Sony DAT and Creative Labs SoundBlaster

To: <>
Subject: connecting Sony DAT and Creative Labs SoundBlaster
From: Olga Filatova <>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:28:21 EDT
I am looking for the best way to copy sounds from a Sony DAT recorder into
a computer through a Creative Labs SoundBlaster (USB-connected). The
problem is which cable I should buy to do this. The DAT manual gives 3
different optical cables:

POC-DA12P=Sony 7-pin to optical Toslink digital in/out
POC-DA12MP=Sony 7-pin to optical Miniplug in/Toslink out
POC-DA12SP=Sony 7-pin to optical Miniplug in/out

But my SoundBlaster has Optical S/PDIF In and Out. Which cable I should use
for this?

Thanks!

Olga

Olga A. Filatova