RE: tapeless recorders

Subject: RE: tapeless recorders
From: Cetacean Research Technology <>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:44:16 -0800

 My understanding is that the Sound Devices 722 and 744 are supposed to start
 shipping to the dealers this month, if they haven't already done so.  I
 don't know of anyone who has used one yet.  I'm also very interested to see
 how they perform.

 FYI... There is another device being developed by Sound Technology called
 the ST400 that is designed to be a programmable field data recorder.  It
 uses an embedded Linux operating system and will exceed MIL specs, as does
 all of their equipment, but it's still in beta testing so it wouldn't be
 appropriate to talk about the detailed specs yet.  They have a teaser web
 page that gives minimal information at
 <a  href="http://www.soundtechnology.com/SoundScape.html";
rel="nofollow">http://www.soundtechnology.com/SoundScape.html</a>.  I'll let
the you all know