Sonobuoy receivers

Subject: Sonobuoy receivers
From: Rene Swift <>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:07:20 -0800
<tt>We are looking for a wideband sonobuoy receiver with a calibrated low
 frequency audio output down to 5 or 10Hz for recording the vocalisations
 of blue and fin whales. We have in the past used a modified Yeasu
 FR-9600 receiver and modified AOR-8000 hand held receiver, the former
 has now been superseded and the latter gave a distorted low frequency
 output. We are looking for advice from all those who have experience
 with sonobuoys and have a limited budget that precludes the purchase of
 the Winradio (www.sonobuoy.com) sonobuoy receivers.</tt><br>
 <pre style="margin: 0em;">Rene Swift & Tony Martin
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]</pre><br>