Re: Fish vocalizations

Subject: Re: Fish vocalizations
From: andy g <>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:14:25 -0700
research and experimentation with the electric elephant nose fish
 'Gnathonemus petersi'. it's the clicks it generates for navigation that
 interest me.

 on this topic can anyone suggest a better way of amplifying this sound than
 just putting a pair of electrodes into the water?

 I wasn't really aware of many other types of vocalisations made by fish and
 would be fascinated to find out more.

 BTW- I'm more of a 'sitter' or 'lurker' on this list. an artist interested
 in bioacoustics rather than a scientist.

 andy g
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 p.s. sorry simon - I just noticed I sent this to your personal email instead
 of the list last time.