converting mono to multi channel

Subject: converting mono to multi channel
From: eric <>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:47:55 -0700
 Does anybody know of software that will convert multiple mono wave files
 into interleaved multichannel wav files?  I think it can be done with
 Matlab. Can anybody give me some help with the code or the appropriate
 function? I'm converting TDIF format from a Tascam DA 38 direct to wav files
 via a Tascam Delta TDIF card.  Then I am attempting to load multiple
 channels into the sound localization software Ishmael. However, Ishmael will
 only accept two channels at a time from the Delta TDIF Card. I can
 simultaneously digitize mulitple channels with Cool Edit Pro from the Tascam
 TDIF card and save them to individual wav files. But the multichannel
 interleaving function in Cool Edit is not compatible (IEEE float format)
 with Ishmael which requires PCM, MULAW or FLOAT formats. I'm not sure this
 FLOAT is the same as IEEE float, at any rate it does not work.

 Thanks,
 Eric
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]