RE: Ultrasound playback setup

Subject: RE: Ultrasound playback setup
From: ONeill, William <>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:05:48 -0800
Another possibility that's somewhat more expensive, but with greater
 bandwidth, is a "Bioacoustics Workstation" package from Tucker-Davis
 Technologies (TDT).  The workstation is based on their RP2.1 signal
 processor, which uses a 50 MHz Sharc DSP, has two A/D channels and two
 Sigma/Delta D/A channels, a recording/playback bandwidth of about 90 kHz,
 and a 110 dB S/N ratio.  The equipment interfaces with a PC (workstation or
 laptop) via USB, and is programmed directly with a graphical interface much
 like Labview (RPvds).  The devices can also be controlled with Active-X via
 Matlab, Delphi, Visual C++, etc.

 <a  href="http://www.tdt.com/T2Main/Bioacoustics_wk.htm";
rel="nofollow">http://www.tdt.com/T2Main/Bioacoustics_wk.htm</a>

 TDT equipment is widely used in the field of auditory neurophysiology and
 psychacoustics.  We use it in our lab for studies on bat audition, and one
 of my former students with extensive experience in ultrasound (Willard
 Wilson) works for them as a development engineer.

 William E. O'Neill, Ph.D.
 Bat Auditory Research Lab
 Dept. of Neurobiology & Anatomy
 Univ. of Rochester Sch. of Med. and Dent.
 Rochester, NY 14642-8603 USA

 Phone: (585) 275-4023
 FAX: (585) 756-5334