APCAM 2002

Subject: APCAM 2002
From: John Neuhoff <>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 04:59:44 -0700
I am pleased to announce the very first Auditory Perception,
 Cognition, and Action Meeting (APCAM 2002) that will take place as a
 satellite to the Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society this fall in
 Kansas City.  An abbreviated call for papers appears below.  For complete
 information as well as online registration and submission please see:

 <a  href="http://www.wooster.edu/apcam/";
rel="nofollow">http://www.wooster.edu/apcam/</A>

 APCAM 2002
 Call for Papers
 Auditory Perception, Cognition, and Action Meeting
 Thursday November 21, 2002 at The Westin Hotel
 Kansas City, MO, USA
 Submission Deadline: July 26, 2002

 The very first APCAM will be held just prior to the Annual Meeting of the
 Psychonomic Society (see www.psychonomic.org). The goal of APCAM is to bring
 together researchers from various theoretical perspectives to present
 focused research on auditory cognition, perception, and aurally guided
 action. APCAM is a unique meeting in its exclusive focus on the perceptual,
 cognitive, and behavioral aspects of audition. For more information, see the
 APCAM web site at www.wooster.edu/apcam/

 Paper, Poster, and Symposium Presentations:

 Presenters may choose oral or poster presentations. We will make every
 effort to accommodate presentation preferences. However, we may not be able
 to honor all requests. All presenters will be notified of their presentation
 status at least 8 weeks prior to the meeting. Topics include (but are
 certainly not limited to):

         Auditory localization, motion perception, and spatial cognition
         Auditory object, event, and pattern perception
         Aurally guided action and navigation
         Auditory scene analysis
         Auditory timing and attention
         Pitch, loudness, and timbre perception
         Music perception, cognition, and performance
         Comparative auditory processing
         Auditory behavioral neuroscience
         Auditory memory and source identification

 Submitting an Abstract:
 Complete instructions for submission appear on the APCAM web site. Abstracts
 should be 150 words or less and are submitted online at
 www.wooster.edu/apcam/

 Registration:
 Registration for APCAM is free. PLEASE be sure to register in advance on the
 APCAM web site so that we can have a nametag printed for you and so that we
 know how many participants to expect.

 For more information contact:

 John Neuhoff
 The College of Wooster
 Department of Psychology
 Wooster OH 44691

 Voice: 330-263-2475
 Fax: 928-244-5577
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 ________________________________
 John G. Neuhoff
 The College of Wooster
 Department of Psychology
 Wooster, OH 44691
 <a  href="http://pages.wooster.edu/jneuhoff/";
rel="nofollow">http://pages.wooster.edu/jneuhoff/</A>
 Voice (330) 263-2475
 FAX (928) 244-5577

 APCAM 2002
 Auditory Perception, Cognition, and Action Meeting
 A satellite to Psychonomics