Mac software

Subject: Mac software
From: Matija Gogala <>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 08:25:45 -0800
Just a short question to everybody.

 In the Bioacoustic lab of our museum we are in a process of digitization
 and transcription of old analog recordings to compact discs. In this
 procedure we need a real time spectral analysis of recordings.
 Since in our acoustic lab we are using Mac computers, I am curious if
 somebody knows suitable software for this purpose. We are aware of a
 Spectrafoo program, which has good properties but is probably an
 overkill. The new Raven by Cornell should do the job, but is not
 available yet.
 So, is there something else that we do not know?

 Best regards,

 Matija Gogala
 Slovenian Museum of Natural History
 Presernova 20