birding-aus

Northern Territory

To: "" <>
Subject: Northern Territory
From: Kim Sterelny via Birding-Aus <>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2026 07:30:05 +0000
Hi folks

Just back from 8 days in Kakadu, Litchfield and Katherine Gorge. Not a birding trip; holiday with non-birding family, but did some birding in the margins. Saw a decent number of larger birds, but was struck by how few small insectivores I saw: zero thornbills, robins, fairywrens. Now its true that I was rarely looking at the best time, and its also true I am a shit birder. But I did spend time in some birdy-looking locations, and I did not even see the arses of small birds disappearing into bushes, my usual experience. Are such birds rarer or more wary in NT, or is this just an odd statistical anomaly. 

Kim


Kim Sterelny, School of Philosophy, Research School of the Social Sciences, Australian National University, Acton, 0200, ACT, Australia
 

61-(0)2-6125-2886



<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR> 
<BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
<BR> http://birding-aus.org/mailman/listinfo/birding-aus_birding-aus.org
</HR>
<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>
Admin

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU