birding-aus

(Advertisement?) Sundarbans (Bangladesh) Masked Finfoot trip Apr 2023

To: "" <>
Subject: (Advertisement?) Sundarbans (Bangladesh) Masked Finfoot trip Apr 2023
From: Michael Kearns via Birding-Aus <>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 21:02:44 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Everyone,

I am organizing a group to book in for a boat tour in the Sundarbans to search for Masked Finfoot, to take place between the 12th and 16th of April 2023.

Masked Finfoot is critically endangered - the Sundarbans mangrove forest in Bangladesh is now the only accessible area where there is a good chance of finding it.

The boat tour will be with Pugmark Tours and Travels - two groups of birders did their Masked Finfoot boat tour in December and one (so far) in January - all were successful.
The tour is on a live-aboard houseboat, using a smaller boat to search side-creeks for the Finfoot.

The boat tour is expensive to do solo but the larger the group, the more affordable it becomes.

I might book anything from a 3 Day/3 Night tour to a 5 Day/4 Night tour depending on how many people I can get (and what their budget constraints are).

A longer trip is preferable since it often takes several days (at least) of searching to find a Finfoot.
Also there is 7-8 hours of travel time on the houseboat (to and from the starting point at Khulna) to get to the right areas in the Sundarbans.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Cheers,
Michael
0434582005

<HR>