birding-aus

RIP Rolf Jensen

To: "<>" <>
Subject: RIP Rolf Jensen
From: Phil Gregory <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 09:27:59 +1000
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I just heard that well known Townsville and Cairns birder Rolf Jensen died in hospital in Cairns in April.
He had been sick for some years with cancer of the jaw, but it was still a shock.
He was originally from South Africa, worked a lot in Namibia, then had contracts in Indonesia, Uzbekistan and Ecuador. He was also a champion swimmer and swimming coach for many years. I first met him when he applied for the job of Environmental Manager at the Ok Tedi mine in Tabubil, Western Province, but that was not to be. We kept in contact over various New Guinea matters and then met up again when we came to Kuranda. Very sad to hear of his passing, and I have no details of where the funeral was held, a pity as I would certainly have come to pay my respects.
Phil Gregory
ornithological writer/tour leader/tour facilitator
Field Guides / Sicklebill Safaris / Cassowary Tours
PO Box 597
Malanda
QLD 4885
Australia

Ph: +61 7 4096 8063

Email: m("s2travel.com.au","info");" target="_blank" class="" style="color: rgb(17, 85, 204);">
Website1: http://www.sicklebillsafaris.com OR www.birder.travel
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>