birding-aus

Green catbird at Central Tilba

To: Kim Sterelny <>
Subject: Green catbird at Central Tilba
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 20:09:22 +1100
They used to be regular on Mt Dromedary.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 at 18:29, Kim Sterelny via Birding-Aus <m("birding-aus.org","birding-aus");">> wrote:
Hi Folks

A day or so ago I saw a green catbird on my bush block just near Central Tilba, south of Narooma. First time I have seen one there (after 13 years, though not always on the property). Looking at the range map, it looks as if this would be the very near its southern limit, if not beyond. We have had two wet years, and they like wet forests, and our block is certainly more densely and moistly foliaged than usual after two excellent years; especially the under story. There might also be a continued effect of the black summer fires; the Central Tilba region did not escape entirely, but it was relatively unaffected. Has anyone seen them this far south?

Kim

Kim Sterelny, School of Philosophy, Research School of the Social Sciences, Australian National University, Acton, 0200, ACT, Australia

61-(0)2-6125-2886