birding-aus

Help finding birds around Cairns

To: "" <>
Subject: Help finding birds around Cairns
From: Martin Woodward <>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 23:06:56 +0000
Hello Birders,

My son and I have three days in Cairns between Friday 21st and Sunday the 23rd January next week, during which time we're hoping to locate a short list of birds we are yet to view.

>From e-bird I've identified a recent hotspot for each of these birds viz:
  • Nordmand's Greenshank & Great-billed Heron - Nth & Sth ends of Cairns Esplanade (presumably at high tide)
  • Rufous Owl - Les Davie Park, Cairns Nth
  • Spotted Whistling-duck, Red Junglefowl & Guineafowl - Cattana Wetlands
  • Oriental Cuckoo & Cicadabird - Cairns Botanical Gardens
  • Ashy-bellied White-eye - Green Island
  • Australian Swiftlet - Nth & Sth ends of Cairns Esplanade, Cattana Wetlands & Cairns Botanical Gardens

Also, Wandering Tattler, Barn Swallow & Red-rumped Swallow if in the Cairns area.

Any advice or other assistance to find these birds would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Martin

Martin & John Woodward

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list