birding-aus

Feather identification...

To: "'Kirri Hardy'" <>
Subject: Feather identification...
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 20:56:52 +1000
It always helps to include a ruler or something on which to assess the size of
the feather and advise us what part of the country it was found in, or habitat
or something. But yes I think you are right with Pheasant Coucal. Tail feathers
of Laughing Kookaburras are sort of like that but I think the barring is not
broken and they have white tips. Also the shape fits In my thoughts better for
Pheasant Coucal.

Philip