birding-aus

Channel-billed Cuckoo aggregations

To: "'Phil Gregory'" <>, "'Tom Tarrant'" <>
Subject: Channel-billed Cuckoo aggregations
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 09:28:57 +1100

I also think they could be aggregations and squabbles at plentiful fruit sources.  We’ve observed this in our garden, neighbouring gardens and in the streetscape over the last couple of weeks, in particular, the first time we’ve noticed such noisy aggregations here. The greater Sydney area has had prolific flowering and fruiting of plants this summer, possibly in response to the mild temperatures and rainy conditions over the last few months. So, there’s plenty of food for all types of local fauna.

Kind regards,

Stephen Ambrose

Ryde NSW