birding-aus

Hearing the Striated Grass-wren

To: David Dickson <>
Subject: Hearing the Striated Grass-wren
From: korenm64 via Birding-Aus <>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:58:04 +0800
One option that might be worth investigating is, rather than trying to hear the high-pitched calls, use an app that will create a real-time spectrogram so you can “see” the calls. I did a quick search and found this article that lists a few apps that appear to do this:

I haven’t tried any of them myself, but since I suffer from high-frequency hearing loss and my hearing aids can only help so much, I may give one or more of them a try.

Cheers, Koren

Sent from my iPad