birding-aus

Thornbill's R Trcky

To: Carol Probets <>
Subject: Thornbill's R Trcky
From: Chris Shaw <>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 18:55:02 +0930
Hi Carol,

Thanks for the correction. I had it down for a Dusky so you have confirmed my guess. I frequently surveyed that patch of mangrove over many days over a number of years and I only saw them on the very odd occasion bearing in mind there is a huge area of mangroves along the Pilbara coast and the ability to the search even a small part of the entire habitat is difficult or impossible.

More common of the small passerines that actually went into the mangrove forests that I saw were Yellow White-eyes, Mangrove Fantails, White-breasted Whistlers, Mangrove Robins and more rarely Mangrove Golden Whistler.

Behind the mangroves were all sorts but they tended to be quite seasonal sometimes disappearing for many years especially since the last few dry years have been there.

Chris Shaw
+61 409 675912

Experts possess more data than judgment.
COLIN POWELL, attributed, Doing Business in the New Latin America