birding-aus

[hunterbirding] bird obs please

To: 'Birding-Aus' <>, 'Hunterbirding' <>
Subject: [hunterbirding] bird obs please
From: "" <>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 11:48:32 +0000

Gooday all

Recently Judy and I received approval from the Australian Bird and Bat Banding Scheme (ABBBS) to start a study of the annual migration of honeyeaters and other passerines through the Hunter. Our aim is to find out where they come from and where they go to, and if they use the same migration route each year. To help with the tracking, we’re putting a coloured band onto each bird.  If you see, and preferably can photograph, any birds like that, please notify me (0414 562 169 or by e-mail) with details about date, location, bird species, band colour and which leg the band is on. Alternatively, you can report it to ABBBS either directly or via the button on the home page of the HBOC website.

Thanking you

Greg Little

--
The views expressed within this Group may not reflect the views of HBOC, its committee or its wider membership.
---