birding-aus

raven behaviour (was: LACoBirds] PANDEMIC)

To: "'Jonny Schoenjahn'" <>, "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: raven behaviour (was: LACoBirds] PANDEMIC)
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 17:30:49 +1000

To anyone wishing to contribute to this, fine, but please delete anything up to and including my posting about “Pandemic”, as I have done, unless you are carrying forward on that issue, and really there isn’t any more to add. At least Jonny was good enough to change the subject header,

I am perfectly capable of having a discussion about bird behaviour. That was not my intention at this time. My comment about the different behaviour of 2 species in Canberra is merely a generalisation that holds enough to be mostly useful, written initially to pass back to that correspondent in USA. I thought it obvious that my message was not intended to lead to any kind of serious discussion about Raven social behaviour. It was intended only as a light relief against a bad situation. Please don’t combine the two things.

Philip