birding-aus

White bird

To: "Philip Veerman" <>, "'Michael Hunter'" <>, "birding aus" <>
Subject: White bird
From: "Tom Wilson" <>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 19:32:03 +1100
This bird does not, to my eye, look like a Starling.  Bill shape is wrong and the tail is too long for a start.  “Standard” Bali Starlings have a crest, blue skin around the eyes and look like starlings – even as an albino the crest would still show.
Magpie still looks good to me.
Cheers
Tom Wilson

Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Birding-Aus] White bird

Will be easy to find pictures of Bali Starling on the internet. If nothing
else try Jurong Bird Park in Singapore, I believe they have them. Or did
when I was there in 2014. But no hope in hell (yes we are already in hell)
of it being that.

Philip