birding-aus

White-throated Needletails in Melbourne

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: White-throated Needletails in Melbourne
From: Michael Tarburton <>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 20:26:07 +1100
If you live in Melbourne or are visiting and want to get WTNT on your daily,
weekly, monthly or yearly list now is the time to look skyward.

In recent years they rarely visit Melbourne, but I think the reason I have seen
five flocks in the last four days is that they have lost so much forest (their
prefered habitat) in the bushfires that they are having to take second choice.

If you do find them, please let me know the number, time and place please. This
is even more important now that Canberra has listed them as Vulnerable, and is
onto me to turn up some good data.

Happy swift hunting

Mike

<HR>