birding-aus

Bill to ban duck shooting

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Bill to ban duck shooting
From: Debbie Lustig <>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:06:16 +0000
Hopefully this video can be viewed. It's Animal Justice Party MP, Andy Meddick, reading his Bill to ban duck hunting in the Upper House of the Victorian Parliament last week.
History will be made if this Bill succeeds. For the first time since opposition to duck shooting began 33 years ago, there's a real chance for a permanent ban.
Please consider writing to the Premier, the Agriculture Minister and the Minister for the Environment, as well as your local Labor MPs to voice your views on the annual slaughter of native waterbirds.
Now's the time! There's a real seismic shift; we need to convey how much we want this stopped forever. Many Labor politicians disagree with duck shooting! It's only a matter of time before the Party changes its policy!
Thanks very much all.
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>