birding-aus

RFI Seabird Island in SA

To: <>
Subject: RFI Seabird Island in SA
From: "Chris Lloyd" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 12:04:20 +0930

We have just completed a very enjoyable few weeks on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. Stunning weather (unfortunately as it looks like there needs to be considerably more rain in parts) for this time of the year. We noticed how many island groups there are off-shore and wondered what population monitoring was carried out on these islands. Some of the closer islands showed obvious signs of shearwater ‘runways’ and there would likely be storm-petrels as well as penguins in the south.

Can anyone direct me to recent survey work and any papers on seabird numbers on South Australian islands? Let me know off or online.

Chris Lloyd

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>