birding-aus

Turkey dust bathing

To: Laurie Knight <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Turkey dust bathing
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:07:25 +0000
Despite the comments on Bush versus Brush I thought I would add to the original question.
The last time I visited the carpark at Mt Hypipamee NP (THe Crater) on the Atherton Tablelands, there were a number of holes as described by Laurie. A number of these were being occupied (and excavated) by the many resident Alectura lathami. Not certain if they were dust bathing but was a very common activity at that location.
Cheers,
Peter