birding-aus

Advertisement - Wings on King Autumn Surveys and invitation to the FACE

Subject: Advertisement - Wings on King Autumn Surveys and invitation to the FACE of King Island
From: Kathrine Ravich <>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 12:35:20 +1100
Hello wonderful bird people,

BIRDS OF KING ISLAND INVITE YOU TO COME VISIT - AND GIVE US A HAND...

The 2019 Autumn Wings on King surveys will be happening again on the weekend 25th-28th April, 2019.  This weekend leads directly on from Easter and includes Anzac Day, so is a great opportunity for you to have a birding holiday on King Island. In particular we need experienced birders who are happy to lead small teams of less experienced birders. We HOPE you will give us a hand.  With 9 King Island endemics, 2 of which are Critically Endangered and another 2 Vulnerable, surveying our bird populations is really important - but we can’t do it without your help. For more information or to register https://www.birdsofkingisland.com/wings-on-king-project

This autumn, we are also combining with the King Island Council and Cultural Centre to undertake the inaugural Festival of Art, Culture and the Environment (FACE) of King Island.  This initiative has a primary aim of raising funds for conservation works on King Island.  This year the theme is “Birds in Our Lives” and funds will go towards the Wings on King project that is currently unfunded and driven entirely by volunteers.

The FACE of King Island will run throughout April and conclude on the last weekend, the same weekend as the surveys, with a Gala Event and closing of a silent art auction.  For more information or to submit work to the Festival exhibitions click here: https://kingisland.tas.gov.au/the-inaugural-festival-of-art-culture-and-environment/

Visiting King Island:  There are some special accomodation rates for registrants for the Wings on King surveys - here https://www.birdsofkingisland.com/accommodation. Flight and car rentals should be made as soon as possible as these are in limited supply.https://www.birdsofkingisland.com/visitor-info

We strongly advise early bookings for flights and accomodation.  As well as wonderful birds, King island also has two world renowned golf links, so flights are inclined to become booked well in advance.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO WARMLY WELCOMING YOU TO KING ISLAND….

PS:  If you can’t make it in April, the Wings on King 2019 Spring surveys, will be held on the 2nd weekend of November - 14th-17th.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>