birding-aus

Lake Acraman, SA

To: Bill Stent <>
Subject: Lake Acraman, SA
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 21:03:50 +1100
Hi Bill

eBird doesn't give much confidence about Grey Falcon or Night Parrot - in
fact there isn't a hotspot for Lake Acraman. Yet. The nearest couple of
hotspots, eg Hiltaba NR, only have a handful of species, most of which
you'd get between Bendigo and Echuca ... but a little further south, and
probably easier to get to, are the Gawler Ranges, where there are recent
records of Rufous Treecreeper, Blue-breasted Fairywren, Mulga Parrot, and
possibly even Western Yellow Robin (I was suprised to see they extended
this far east, having just gone all the way to the Perth Hills to get one!)

Russell

On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 at 16:22, Bill Stent <> wrote:

> Hi all, I’ve been asked to help tick off a bucket list item for a friend,
> and visit Lake Acraman, probably in around April or May of 2019.
> Geologically, this is a very significant place, but I’ve utterly no idea of
> anything else about it.
>
> Has anyone ever visited this site? What kind of birds are possibilities
> here? Am I going to be plagued by Grey Falcons all day and Night Parrots
> all night?
>
> Bill
>

> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list