birding-aus

Location of difficult birds, and the wildflowers.

To: "" <>
Subject: Location of difficult birds, and the wildflowers.
From: Andrew Lau <>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 02:13:39 +0000
Hi all.

I replied to John Hopkins with a long detailed email for his planning, a
summary of which is:
I travelled June throughout the NT top end, and July the Kimberley’s via Gibb
River Rd.
Silver-backed bitcherbird I first and regularly found each day at the El
Questro caravan park, as well as each gorge walk done there during the first
few days of July.
Yellow-tinted honeyeater I found daily between Timber Creek and Kununurra, then
not for a few days until daily again around Ellenbrae and Drysdale River
stations (via the Gibb River Rd).

Adding a reply to another post about best spot for birding, I’m over here in SW
WA at present, and I can tell you it’s very hard to do both wildflowers and
birding at the same time. Head is either stuck under shrubs looking for ground
orchids, or missing them and spotting the birds!

Never the less, it’s quite magical in the west at present.

Regards,

Andrew.