birding-aus

Hooded Plover and a Tabby Cat

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Hooded Plover and a Tabby Cat
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 23:07:59 +1000
As cats usually don’t wear ID tags or are microchipped, they would have to
be identified by the owners before they could be given back. I think that
any cat, feral or domesticated found hunting wildlife, should be regarde as
feral and
euthenased. I am not anti cat, I have had many over the years and as a
species, I am very fond of them, but I recognise that that they cause
significant losses of wildlife and no longer have any and don’t intend
having any in the future. One of the main reasons being of course, is that
I am now the carer for 3 rescued Greyhounds and any cat brought into the
house would have a short but exciting life. My nect door neighbour has 5
cats which used to spend a lot of time in my back yard. They do not venture
in now.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>